Question

Nondb list?

• 5 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Can you do a non-db list in FSM6? The idea being I have a really expensive query (proximal booked tasks) that shouldn’t be run without an inner constraint of a Request’s Place ID, so I want to kick it off on screen data load then give users a bunch of hyperlinks so they can go out and leverage key synergies, or something.

I see “kind of” nondb list stuff on some of the baseline lookup screens but don’t want to experiment forever. If someone can kindly point out the checkbox I missed or point at somewhere baseline it would be appreciated!

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Brian Maus ,

Mostly these types of non-db lists/ fields are setup on coded screens in the baseline. As you mentioned, what you can do is, load hyperlinks to navigate to separate screens where you are having these extensive records using the lookup navigation on the related screen (using the ui designer).You may require to create a new custom search screen to load the proximal booked tasks depending on the requirement otherwise you can just use the standard task screen function.  You do not require to specifically link the relationships for those extensive records using the child relations editor so that it would not cause performance issues on the screen load activity since you are not displaying the tasks on the relevant screen itself. Just having the hyperlink with the correct navigation lookup would be enough to direct to the records.