Skip to main content
Solved

MX_U_S table

• 11 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi Experts,

I am reaching out to understand the usage of the mx_u_s table in FSM. We have observed that this table contains a large amount of data in our environment and is consuming significant storage space.

Could you please provide some insights on the purpose and importance of this table? Any recommendations on how to manage its size would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hasara

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Hasara Gunasiri ,

MX_* tables are used to track internal environment transactions, store sessions, and other information. According to my findings, truncating the data in these tables would not harm the system.

Badge +5

Hi @Chethana ,

Thank you for your response.

I know the MX_U table is used to track internal environment transactions, and we can manage its behavior using the APP PARAM USAGE_DAYS_TO_SAVE.

However, I couldn't find any information on managing the behavior of the MX_U_S table.

Does this mean we can truncate the records in the MX_U_S table as well? Is its behavior similar to that of the MX_U table?

Thanks,

Hasara

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Hasara Gunasiri ,

Yes, but let's wait a while for this post to get more attention from the experts. Maybe someone will have a different explanation for this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @Hasara Gunasiri 

As far as I can recall, this table is called as the usage summary table (metrix_usage_summary) where it collects and summarizes data from the metrix_usage (mx_u) table.

Given its large storage consumption, it's best to raise a case with IFS RnD for a detailed investigation. Simply truncating the data without understanding the issue might not be the best option. There might be a bug related to the app parameter that deletes the mx_u records.