Question

Modify baseline client reports.

• 27 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I often need to make minor changes to a baseline client report.  If I have never edited the report before I have been adding the report to the reports admin screen as a new report and then re-creating all the parameters and datasets manually. 

Is there an easier way to make a baseline report show up on the reports admin screen so that I can make minor tweaks to the SQL or add parameters?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dear csanders,

As per my understanding, the FSM bassline reports are not available in the “Reports Admin” screen. The “Reports Admin” screen is dedicated for custom reports and since the baseline reports are not expected to be customize as it is they are not available in the said screen.

In other terms, the “Reports Admin” screen is bound to cust_reports table and info of the baseline reports are not available there.

To make changes to the baseline reports, you can simply create replications in cust tables from the baseline tables and make copies of the rdlc files accordingly.

• cust_reports ← metrix_reports
  • cust_report_parameters ← metrix_report_parameters
  • cust_report_datasets ← metrix_report_datasets

Thanks and Regards

-Ruchira

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

That is what I currently do.  I was hoping there was an automated way to do it that I wasn’t aware of. 

I’d think that people at other companies would want to customize baseline reports.  I get requests to make little changes to them frequently.  Usually its something simple like adding a new parameter, but in order to do that you have to dig through the database and recreate the entire report piece-by-piece.

One of these days I’ll automate it myself, but I think it would be a nice built-in feature.

Thanks