Question

Message Global Name lookup

Badge +4

How to translate the 'global name' field in the 'Global Name' search screen to be displayed in ClientWeb?
Note: see the path in the print below

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@WilsonX Hi,

All you need to do is change the global name field type from a text box to a combobox on the place lookup screen. Then it will show the description of global name and look like the screen shot I have below. note the last option is a description I added just to make it clear it was a description and not a code value.

So the easiest steps to do this are as follows

1. open UI designer in studio
    1. select the ‘PLACELOOKUP’  screen
    2. select the ‘global name field in the search criteria section of the screen
    3. scroll down the properties on the left
    4. when you get to ‘TYPE’ change it from a ‘TEXTBOX’ to ‘COMBOBOX’
    5. hit the tab key on the keyboard
  2. save the screen
  3. refresh cache
  4. open a new person screen and test the place lookup screen.

Cheers

Morris

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @WilsonX 

1. Please note that changing the field to a dropdown instead of a lookup can and will affect the client’s performance.
  2. If I understood correctly, you need to override the ‘FSM Message Translation’ ‘GlobalName’ with your text.

Cheers!

Badge +4

Hi @WilsonX 

1. Please note that changing the field to a dropdown instead of a lookup can and will affect the client’s performance.
  2. If I understood correctly, you need to override the ‘FSM Message Translation’ ‘GlobalName’ with your text.

Cheers!

2. See in the field information that there is no messageID linked to the field and I did not identify where to make this link.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@WilsonX 

The screenshot attached is too small to see anything.

Got to FSM Smart Client → Message Translation → New→ Message ID = ‘GlobalName’ → Type = ‘Label’ → Message Text = ‘What ever you want’

Let me know if that works.

Cheers!

Badge +4

@WilsonX

The screenshot attached is too small to see anything.

Got to FSM Smart Client → Message Translation → New→ Message ID = ‘GlobalName’ → Type = ‘Label’ → Message Text = ‘What ever you want’

Let me know if that works.

Cheers!

The problem is that the field does not have a MessageID for the field. That way there is nothing to translate. And I also didn't find where to include a messageID, as I didn't find the screen in UIDesign or a metadata.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @WilsonX 

I think the screen name is ‘GLOBALNAMELOOKUP’. It is a bit hard to determine by the screenshot.

In FSM metadata you can find the label attached to the field

Create a new metadata record for the ‘GLOBAL_NAME’ table.

Override the column name ‘GLOBAL_NAME’

Assign your wanted message translation. You can either override or create a new one.

Cheers! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@WilsonX 

If this is not the correct table, try to fetch the screen/table name from the Webclient

After you open the screen, click on view information. Under the ‘?’ menu item on the top right.

Cheers!

Badge +4

It seems to be an error in ClientWeb, since in the client it is translated correctly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @WilsonX 

I am not sure what you are trying to say in your comment.

The screenshots are too small.

Cheers!

Badge +4

in short: the field does not have a MessageID to translate.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@WilsonX 

Can you change it in the UI designer?

Cheers!

Badge +4

@WilsonX

Cheers!

This specific screen does not exist in the UI Designer. or at least I didn't find it

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @WilsonX 

I am not sure what is going on there.

Happy to have a session with you and look at things together.

Cheers!

Badge +3

@WilsonX

Cheers!

This specific screen does not exist in the UI Designer. or at least I didn't find it

Hello,

We have a similar issue with the custom lookup when creating it using custom metadata. Our workaround is to create a custom lookup screen(UI designer) and place the correct label message ID in the custom lookup screen.

Hope this can help you.