Solved

Limit what devices the FSM mobile app can be downloaded to

• 10 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi experts,

One of our customers has the following question:

They would like to know if there is a way to limit what devices the FSM mobile app can be downloaded to.

For example, is it possible to limit the app to only be downloaded to iPads and prevent them from downloading to their iPhone?

They would also like to know how to get this done if it is possible at all.

Thanks in advance,
Dulshan.

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 10 December 2021, 10:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Dulshan De Silva,

I believe this is why some customers opt to distribute the app via an MDM.

They should be able to use an MDM that allows only authorised devices to retrieve the application.

There is no particular MDM supported or endorsed by IFS though so this is up to the customer to determine which MDM would be best for their needs.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thanks @Lee Pinchbeck 

Apart from that, is there a way to accomplish this from the drop down called ‘Applicable device type’? It already shows "2 selected".  but this is greyed out and the customer cannot change it.

Customer is already using FSM Mobile on iPhones and iPads. They want to limit this only to iPads.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Dulshan De Silva where is this screenshot taken from? To my knowledge, the way I put forward is the only way to do what they are after. IFS does not manage the mobile devices so you would need a mobile device manager to achieve that.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Lee Pinchbeck Thank you for the knowledge shared. That screenshot has been taken from customer’s MDM where we apparently don’t have any control through the FSM Application. This issue is solved now 🙂