Skip to main content
Solved

Invoice per hour/half day

• 24 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi ALl,

When we have a Work Task assigned to a FSE, we use the MWO so we can track his travel/waiting and working time. This is being tracked very detailed per minute, per second, but we want to invoice per hour started or even per half day started. (so always round up).

How do we do this exactly? Is this based on the Sales UoM of the Non-inventory Sales part? It seems something that we should be able to do quite easily but I never spend much thought on this.

Best Regards

Roel

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi ALl,

Anyone has some suggestions that I can try out? I have been experiencing with the UoM but with no luck.

I have created various Non-inventory Sales Parts with various UoM: ‘EA’, ‘PCS’, ‘pcs’ and a user defined Hours(Discrete). Once those were created I set them one-by-one as the default Sales Part for my Resource Group and assigned them to various Work Tasks that Iwould use to report hours using the Technician Portal.

Basically all of the tests have the same problem: my time reporting is a decimal number (see printscreen), but non of them round up the reported hours to an integer of ‘1’ so that we can invoice in discrete values.

Manually I could off course change the ‘Qty to Invoice’ and round the column ‘Quantity’ up to the nearest integer, but I feel like this is something that should be possible to do automatically. 

Off course we can make a customization that would be able to do this for a selection of Non-inventory Sales parts with a Specific Sales UoM but I this functionality seems so basic that I’m having a hard time understanding why it is this difficult to find the solution here.

Looking forward to your comments.

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

Does anybody have any feedback on this topic? I’m searching the forum database but can’t find anything related. 

best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

Trying to bump up this topic again. I have been looking into ‘Invoice Rules’ to see if they would be any kind of help here since they allow for rounding of Quantities. 

When I make the Service QUotation and connect the invoice rule ‘400’, the invoice rule seems to be kicking in because the Charge/Markup% is being populated according to the value of the invoice rule. But no rounding is being done on my Sales Parts with Sales group ‘Services’.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

In the meantime I have received feedback from a different source and found out that we can do this on the Site\Maintenance section:

best Regards

Roel