Question

"IFS_MOBILE" user password expired in FSM.

• 10 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 10 replies

Hi All,

“IFS_MOBILE” user password  has been expired on month of September(05-09-23) but we did not receive  any complaints from users about mobile issues. We are wondering how mobile working with out any issues after password expired. 

Actually we would like to change the password of the  mobile user in FSM, If we change the password of “IFS_MOBILE ”  user what will be the impact.

should we do password change in fsm for “IFS_MOBILE”  user? if possible kindly  provide steps to do password change.

Thanks,

Durga

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hello @Durga 

I believe IFS_MOBILE is a user created by you.

If it did not affect anyone until now, I would say the user is useless.

Cheers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

IFS_Mobile is a system user created out-of-the-box. For example, it is used during the installation when updating the Mobile Service. Usually, the password expiration is set well into the future upon creation. I’m not sure why your user is expired. Did you make manual changes to it in the past?

Best regrds
Roman

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

As explained by @roklde it is a baseline personid.

For the question “wondering how mobile working with out any issues after password expired” this is because any communication that happens from mobile to server, it uses the logged in user (of fsm mobile app).

So IFS_MOBILE user is not used in this context, only during baseline activities such as installations, upgrades, etc. 

Badge +6

Hi Jeevan

we have upgraded FSM 19 to 25v in month of September but password expire date of this user did not set up to future date during the upgrade. 

what will be the impact if this change password of ifs mobile user? Should we reset it's expiry date or reset password if it's impact on mobile communication.

Thanks,

Durga

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Durga As we stated earlier this personid is only for baseline activities (during installations, upgrades) not in mobile communication.

You can change the password expiry date, via SQL.(just have a look on the modified_by & modified_dttm before the update ) However you might need to open an IFS support case to find the root cause how this was changed, if it was not by anyone in your organization.

Badge +6

@jevin.fernando

Thank you!!!!!!

I have raised ifs support case on this issue and waiting for the update .There  were no changes done on this user manually after set up fsm application, and created and modified dates are same. Password expiry date will change through db but I was worrying  about password rest.

Should we do password rest of this user?  If we reset what will be the impact.

Kindly suggest on this?

Thanks,

Durga