Question

IFS FSM Mobile: Control the Checkbox on a List with Checkbox screen

• 8 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We are using IFS FSM Mobile App, completely baseline, version 6u24. 

The screen in question is DebriefTaskSteps, which is set up as a “List with Checkbox” screen type.

I noticed that on the DebriefTaskSteps screen, which shows a list of steps to be completed, the validations around “completing” a step are missing.    Example;  when you have a step that is set to “Signature Required”, in the DebriefTaskStep (not plural) screen, you cannot complete that Step unless you add the signature.  

In the checklist screen (DebriefTaskSteps), you can simple check it, even without a signature, it allows you, no questions asked. 

I am looking for a way to add conditions to the checkboxes on the List screen.  

• read-only until certain parameters are completed (attachments / notes / signatures) 
  • invisible unti certain parameters are completed.

if the above cannot be done;  can we somehow remove the checkbox on that screen altogether, forcing the tech to open the step detail (TaskDebriefStep) and completing it from there? 

Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @STRGoedhart 

You can write a validation client script and check if specific fields have values or not.

As a reference, you can look at FSM Client Script - DTS_REFRESH

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @STRGoedhart ,

I’ve been away from FSM for a while, so there may be some gaps in my memory.  I believe the DebriefTaskSteps screen has a type of List with Checkbox.  This screen type has very limited ability to configure.  There is no way to trigger a client script for a value change of the checkbox.  That type of validation would have to be done with code customization.  You could create a codeless list screen without the checkbox requiring users to go to each step, but then you lose the convenience of a simple “checklist.”