Solved

IFS FSM - How to convert Dev(Cloud) environment to baseline environment

• 26 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hi All,

We want to take a backup of our Dev environment and then transform our Dev environment to a baseline environment to perform some training, once the training is completed we want to restore the Dev environment to current state using the database back which we have taken.

May i know the process to transform our development environment into a baseline environment ?

icon

Best answer by roklde 26 September 2023, 16:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Vineeth,

by “Cloud” you mean IFS Managed Cloud, correct?

It’s not that straight-forward as you may think. While you can request a database backup to be saved on your Azure Storage, you can’t simply revert the database back to baseline state.

It would be easier to request a fresh DB setup and connect that to your existing FSM DEV environment. However, such an service doesn’t exist and it would be handled as a environment decomission.

The alternative is to request an additional environment but this will apply extra costs.

Aren’t you able to use one of your other environments for such purpose?

Best regards
Roman

Badge +5

Hi Vineeth,

by “Cloud” you mean IFS Managed Cloud, correct?

It’s not that straight-forward as you may think. While you can request a database backup to be saved on your Azure Storage, you can’t simply revert the database back to baseline state.

It would be easier to request a fresh DB setup and connect that to your existing FSM DEV environment. However, such an service doesn’t exist and it would be handled as a environment decomission.

The alternative is to request an additional environment but this will apply extra costs.

Aren’t you able to use one of your other environments for such purpose?

Best regards
Roman

Our environments are customized environments and training is not possible on these environments as our training requires a baseline environment, so that's the reason we are looking to convert our Dev environment to a baseline environment temporarily and once the training is completed we are thinking to revert back to its original state using the database back up.

Is this approach not feasible ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

I’m afraid there is no “convert back to baseline” mechanism available out-of-the-box.

I think it’s best if you raise a ticket with our Cloud Team and describe your request as you did here. They will come back to you with the possible options.

Best regards
Roman

Badge +5

I’m afraid there is no “convert back to baseline” mechanism available out-of-the-box.

I think it’s best if you raise a ticket with our Cloud Team and describe your request as you did here. They will come back to you with the possible options.

Best regards
Roman

Thank you for sharing the info, it helps.