Question

Hyperlink from FSM Mobile App to open another application by passing input params

• 13 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Dear Community,

We have a requirement to open another application from FSM Mobile App by passing input parameters,

1. From Mobile App, we have the feasibility to  open another application by providing URL
  2. I need some help if we can send some input params along with URL so that user can skip adding data for some fields in other application
  3. For example, If user clicks on the login page of some website we have to send the email id from FSM Mobile App and prefill the email id by default

Thanks in Advance!!

Lavanya Bandaru

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @B Lavanya 

You can use a client script to manipulate the url you wish to open

For example

var email = getControlValue("person", "email");
var url = 'https://www.mysite.com?email=' + email; 
launchBrowser(url);

Cheers!

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@B Lavanya you should make sure the target application has the feasibility of receiving the values as inputs, if so deeplinks can be used.

additionally to the launchBrowser, In the client scripts you can use the syntax launchURI 

launchURI("msteams://teams.microsoft.com/l/call/0/0?users=someone@example.com");

Badge +1

Hi Cheshin,

I tried with some dummy url, but it’s not taking any input just redirecting to login page.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Lavanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @B Lavanya 

I do not know the page you are trying to access, so it is hard to say.

But if the email is a parameter on the the URL this is the way to go.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Cheshin,

I tried with some dummy url, but it’s not taking any input just redirecting to login page.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Lavanya

Hi Lavanya,

Have you tested the url in your local browser first with the same expected output? Looks like the problem is with your dummy url