Question

How to change customer Owned” status in IEE

• 22 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Community,

Would anyone know if there is a way to change the “customer Owned” status?  It should not be, it should be a stock item.  I returned a panel to stock and apparently got click happy and made a huge mess.  I cannot issue the part now to a task because it is “Customer Owned”

I need to change that status so I can issue it and fix the transaction.

Any contribution would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

Mesh 

Screenshot of the issue 

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

HI Meshfemi,

This ownership transfer should be initiated from the Inventory Part in Stock window.

1. Connect the owned customer to a supplier
  2. Use Inventory Parts In Stock to get a list of the parts to be updated
  3. Right click on the part lines and select Ownership Transfer > Transfer Ownership to Company
  4. Enter a purchase price in the “Transfer Ownership Company” pop up window and click on the button OK
  5. The system automatically creates a purchase order for the amount of the purchase price entered

In this process a purchase order is created from a dialog box and the result is a purchase order receipt that changes the ownership of the part quantity, i.e., a receipt in place.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Lakshan

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Lakshan Thiranagama thanks you so much for this. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Lakshan Thiranagama , question please, If we do the above steps and it creates a PO how do we clear it so that it isn't on the open Payables?

Thanks 

Mesh 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@meshfemi After the Ownership transfer created PO should be in Closed state.

This is automatically creating by the System to create required invoices for the Supplier/Customer.

If you want you can cancel the PO receipt and then PO will be cancelled and then your part will become customer owned again. Setting the purchase price as zero would be the workaround to make it zero payables.

Other workaround for your concern would be scrapping the incorrect ownership serial and replace it with new company owned serial identity.

@Johan Lundström may have better insights on this.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Lakshan

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Lakshan Thiranagama thank you so much for your input. It is super appreciated.