Solved

FSM6 Restricting Task Statuses based on Task Type/Template

• 2 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Is there any way to restrict the selection of Task Statuses based upon the Task Type? We need this becuase certain types of tasks should only have certain statuses

icon

Best answer by Saranga Amaraweera 2 February 2022, 11:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @MartinF ,

Have you checked on the task status flow screen in FSM where it allows the users to decide which task statuses to be set on particular task types. This allows the users to filter the selection criteria (mostly helps in mobility) of task statuses based on the flow of the process. Other option would be to write-down a custom client script to set the task status column in the ui it self but this works best with lookup screens rather than the comboboxes in smart client (works fine nonetheless in the webclient for both field types as the webclient supports extended functionalities in client scripts).

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @MartinF

Based upon your requirement you can set the task_status feild as read only from the UI designer where the users won’t be able to select the task status.

hope this helps :)

Thanks,
Kalpa. ​​​​​​

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Saranga Amaraweera 

Thanks for the reply, i just tried that by setting up some ‘Next statuses’ in the Task Status Flow as you suggest and it made no difference whatsoever, you could still select any ‘next’ status. Am i likely to have missed something?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Saranga Amaraweera

Thanks for the reply, i just tried that by setting up some ‘Next statuses’ in the Task Status Flow as you suggest and it made no difference whatsoever, you could still select any ‘next’ status. Am i likely to have missed something?

Hi,
If you have “STUDIO” licence, you will be able to see all the status independently of the task status flow. Have you try with a “NAMED” licence ?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@GAUTHIERM

I just tried that, i changed my license to NAMED, logged out/back in rechached etc but it also made no difference

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Saranga Amaraweera

Hi @MartinF ,

What is the FSM version that you're using ? This functionality had been initially implemented only for the fsm mobile as far as I recall. Then enhanced with smart/web client in the latter versions. Let me confirm this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Saranga Amaraweera 

We are in IFS6u10

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Saranga Amaraweera

We have this working now, it worked with another NAMED account, does Role come into it also? My role was set to ADMIN and it did not work

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Saranga Amaraweera

We have this working now, it worked with another NAMED account, does Role come into it also? My role was set to ADMIN and it did not work

I think that the “requestcreateupdate” function (role → function) influences the display of the status but it has to be checked..

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

It is the Function named TASKSTATUSANY enabled on a Person’s Role that allows that user to choose any “next status” thereby bypassing the restrictions defined in the Task Status Flow.
This was added to allow Task Status Flow to be enabled for only Mobile users and allow smart or web client users to choose any Task Status.
Setting the TASK TYPE in the Task Status Flow provides the ability to restrict the selection of Task Statuses based upon the Task Type.

@MartinF 
@Saranga Amaraweera
@GAUTHIERM

@Kalpa Perera