Solved

FSM-Response Capturing Integration

• 4 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Can anyone suggest how to capture Response in FSM from a external system/foreign system while doing outbound integration.In short i am trying to send outbound data  from FSM to ERP.

when i send(FSM) purchase requisition they are(ERP) sending some responses but that response i am not able to capture in FSM.

Please help me what are the settings or configuration i need to do to capture the responses.

icon

Best answer by Paul Drennan 4 June 2020, 12:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

Thank you for your question, I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Phil

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,
You will need to create a new XML Map to capture the response.

When created, from your outbound XML map click on the tab labelled ‘Inbound Maps’ and select your newly created XML map.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your quick turnaround.Can you please provide one sample format for capturing the response from external system to FSM. It will be very helpful for me.

Thanks,

Pinmaya

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Pinmaya,

The new XML map must be created in direct correlation to the response XML message.

Is the response XML in the Integration Run Log?  If not then you will need to ask the third party system provider for a sample XML response for which you can base your xml map on.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Dear Paul,

Understood,i will implement the same.

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@Paul Drennan Reviving an old thread here. Hope you don’t mind.

We have a similar response we’re trying to capture and process. My outbound map simply sends a request_id. The host responds with a 200 and the following json if it’s found (sample from the transaction result in the integration log detail):

{
"perform_inbound_integration": {
"authentication": {
"logon_info": {
"password": "METRIX9",
"person_id": "ADMIN"
}
},
"parameters": {
"mapping_name": "I_REQUEST01",
"xml_import": {
"request": {
"description": "coming from API",
"place_id": "A100",
"priority": 1,
"request_id": "1234"
}
}
}
}
}

On the Inbound Maps tab, I reference the I_REQUEST01 map from above. The only values I’ve filled out are Search Order, Inbound Map and Active. The Input type was left as Response XML by default. No success as it’s currently setup.

Do I need to fill out any other columns in the response map row? Additionally does the host need to return the JSON in full as above or simply the ‘request’ element and it’s children?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I should add that there are no exceptions in the integration log, only a single child row for integration log detail with the outbound transaction (I would expect a second one for attempting to process the response) and indication of whether there was an attempt to process the inbound map at all.