Solved

FSM (on prem) and SMTP

• 21 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I have successfully been using an “App password” and SMTP AUTH with no problems up until about 2 weeks ago. I have made no changes or updates to FSM and the user account is still active and able to send emails through Outlook.

Does anyone know why this may have happened and also are there any instruction on setting up OAUTH & SMTP with O365 in FSM

icon

Best answer by roklde 23 February 2024, 15:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi!
AFAIK FSM still doesn’t support OAUTH, see this idea raised by me:

Eventually OAUTH is now forced from O365?

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Roman

Thanks for this, I take it you have heard nothing back from IFS? A bit bad if not as your post is over a year old.

Hi!
AFAIK FSM still doesn’t support OAUTH, see this idea raised by me:

Eventually OAUTH is now forced from O365?

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@IGMIGMIMXMD 

By looking at this MS articel it seems that SMTP AUTH is still available as it was only disabled in tenants where it wasn't being used. Only Basic authentication in Exchange Online for Exchange ActiveSync (EAS), POP, IMAP, Remote PowerShell, Exchange Web Services (EWS), Offline Address Book (OAB), Autodiscover, Outlook for Windows, and Outlook for Mac was removed. 

We also use O365 Exchange internally for FSM testing and facing no issues as of yet. Could you issue be realted to something else? Did you check the FSM Server Logs when trying to send notifications?

My idea isn’t implemented yet because we have to ensure that backward compatibility is still given when enhancing the system to use OAuth2 as well for SMTP. That’s why it’s still in the backlog and under investigation.

Best regards
Roman​​​​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@IGMIGMIMXMD  Lloyd I think you need to raise a support case from Imagex on this issue and supply what your SMTP app param settings are set to (other than SMTP_PASS).  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

By the way I tested FSM email today in a different Azure subscription that had not had SMTP AUTH enabled previously and it worked the same as in our Azure QA subscription.   I used these app param values:
SMTP_SERVER    smtp.office365.com
SMTP_PORT         587
SMTP_SSL             Y

SMTP_USER      xxxx@outlook.com    (xxxx is not the actual user name)
SMTP_PASS      (password for xxxxx@outlook.com)
DEFAULT_EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS      xxxx@outlook.com (must be same as SMTP_USER for smtp.office365.com)

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Not really sure what was going on but switched to using a send connector in 365 instead