Solved

FSM Multiple environment installation overwrites the existing/ previous installation.

• 17 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I am trying to install multiple environments of FSM application to the computer and it overrides the previous installation so that I cannot use the multiple applications together. As a workaround I need to install the environments again and again to use them. 

Lets say I have FSM DEV and FSM TEST environments and when I try to install the both, always it gets overridden by the new installation. I know we can have separate installed applications for both of them but I do not know how.

Could anyone please guide me on this?

Thank you so much in advance.

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 17 April 2020, 13:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi,

You need to allow multiple endpoints for the application. You can do it for all users by changing the MetrixEndpoints.xml file at 

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\FSMServerXXXXXXX\Client

If it is select users it would be more complicated I believe.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

You need to allow multiple endpoints for the application. You can do it for all users by changing the MetrixEndpoints.xml file at 

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\FSMServerXXXXXXX\Client

If it is select users it would be more complicated I believe.

Hi Lee,

It means we can have multiple endpoints within the <endpoint> tag right?

<MetrixEndpoints>

<endpoint name="FSM6U2DEV" address="net.tcp://BAWILK0:808/FSM6U2DEV/M5Service.svc" binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="CompressedNetTcpBinding_IM5Service" contract="Metrix.UI.Communication.IM5Service" />

<endpoint name="FSM6U2TEST" address="net.tcp://BAWILK0:808/FSM6U2TEST/M5Service.svc" binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="CompressedNetTcpBinding_IM5Service" contract="Metrix.UI.Communication.IM5Service" />

</MetrixEndpoints>

like this, please correct me if I am wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I would have thought that is how it uses the endpoints file, yes. I have not traced it to be certain though.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@wickrambug are you able to install multiple instances of FSM/Application on the same IIS/DB server? Would be great if you can share your experiance.

CC:@Lee Pinchbeck