Solved

FSM Mobile service not working after the upgrade

• 11 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

FSM's customer recently upgraded from 6U25 to 6U27. The environment is hosted on-premise.

After the upgrade, the customer attempted to activate a mobile user. Upon entering the mobile user credentials, the process directed to the sync screen as usual. However, the activation process did not conclude and became stuck on the sync screen.

During the investigation, we observed that the "person_mobile" record is created for the individual being activated.

However, we found that the mobile database is not successfully being created on the FSM server for the user in question.

Could you please share insights into possible causes for this issue?

The database has not been properly created in the mobiledb folder

icon

Best answer by smarlk 11 March 2024, 17:44

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Chethana 

Is this for one specific user or do all users have this issue?

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Shneor Cheshin ,

All users are affected.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Chethana 

Things that come into my mind:

Licenses - Not enough licenses or out of date.

IIS User - FSM Mobile (Android) will not initialise (database not found) | IFS Community

Cheers!

Badge +2

Hi @Chethana 

Following are the pointers off the top of my head,

1. Delete the person_mobile record for a specific user and try to reinitialize the device again.
  2. Try restarting the IIS app pool for Mobile Server and try to reinitialize
  3. Check the mobile service web.config file for anything unusual in the entries such as DownloadUrl/Compare it with a working environment
  4. Check whether enough storage available in the application server and the mobile server
  5. Check the sync rules because it might be happening due to incorrectly configured  sync rules which exports a larger number of records (which in fact can take more time to zip) 
  6. Inspect the both server log and mobile server logs to if there are any exceptions present

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Chethana 

Following are the pointers off the top of my head,

1. Delete the person_mobile record for a specific user and try to reinitialize the device again.
  2. Try restarting the IIS app pool for Mobile Server and try to reinitialize
  3. Check the mobile service web.config file for anything unusual in the entries such as DownloadUrl/Compare it with a working environment
  4. Check whether enough storage available in the application server and the mobile server
  5. Check the sync rules because it might be happening due to incorrectly configured  sync rules which exports a larger number of records (which in fact can take more time to zip) 
  6. Inspect the both server log and mobile server logs to if there are any exceptions present

Cheers!

Hi Nimesha,

Checked all the scenarios you mentioned above.

I believe this happens because of communication issue between FSM server and FSM mobile service.

This might be a port configuration issue (port 80 not open in the mobile web service server firewall),
but I'm unable to find the port configurations in FSM.

Do you know how to check the current working port for FSM mobile service?

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@Chethana Did you check the Mobile Server Error Log, which is available inside Smart Client?

You can check the Mobile Service web.config to see the endpoints and their ports. Eventually the protocol was changed to Port 80 and it was Port 443 before? 

Best regards
Roman

Badge

HI @Chethana,

I faced a similar situation. In my case, our environment has a metadata issue. In some extension tables, there is an issue with similar column names. Please check if any extension tables are involved in this issue.

Best Regards,

Sandusha Marasinghe