Question

FSM Mobile Invalid URL (Timeout on REST Call GET: IFSMobileService_Test/activation/authinfo )

• 23 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Dear community.

I am having a strange issue with FSM Mobile Client Activation with an on premise installation. 

The activation works fine for the production server, however for the test server activation URL is reported as invalid.

I have open the URL in the browser, and can see the environment status as “Available”.

I have compared the web.configs of both installation and they are identical except the endpoints. Endpoints are valid. Both FSM Servers are up and running.

I have tried approaching the mobile servers via REST calls and found out that for the PROD environment both GET return results:

/messages/ping

/activation/authinfo

But for the TEST enviornment 

/message/ping - works fine

/activation/authinfo - no response/timeout!

I have tried reinstalling the mobile service multiple times without any affect.

What is casing this behavior?

Best Regards

Andrei Venglinsky

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge +1

Update:

I was able to resolve the issue of the REST  /activation/authinfo  call timing if posted against the TEST environment, by fixing the endpoint in the mobile service web.config (I accidentally forgot to change it back while trying various things out).

So now the both GET Calls come through and return results if sent via Postman.

However if I try to activate the Android Mobile App it still says: “invalid URL”.

On the PROD environment (where it works fine)  these steps leave a trace in the LOG file inside C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1 

So I can clearly see my requests send from the IP of the mobile device:

The logs of the TEST environment (where it doesn’t work) show no traces of my attempts.

So it seems, that Mobile App doesn’t reach the server at all?

What’s even more confusing is that the Windows Mobile App activates through the same URL without any issue on both TEST and PROD environments…

I am now really totally confused and out of Ideas…

Help is highly apricated!

BR.

Andrei Venglinsky