FSM Mobile - Device needs to be reactivated

• 18 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 2 replies

Hello Experts,

Could you please assist me with a concern related to the FSM mobile app?

A customer has reported that some users need to reactivate their mobile device, and I have attached a screenshot for reference. I have been advised to delete the mobile record from the PERSON_MOBILE table as a workaround. However, I would like to understand when and how this is happening, and if there is an alternative solution to allow the affected users to access the app without deleting the record from the PERSON_MOBILE table. 

Would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Aathi

icon

Best answer by BrianG 18 April 2023, 19:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, it is related to this app param.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @aathi ,

The screenshot you are showing is the message that appears after the Device (person_mobile) record has been deleted on the back end.  When the mobile device pings the server and finds that the record no longer exists, it will show that message and re-activate to create a new device record in the back end. 

The device_last_sync_limit app param provides limits on how long the system will build up messages in mm_message_out while a device is inactive (i.e. user is on vacation).  With the app param at 10 days, if the user does not sync for 10 days, all mm_message_out records are deleted for that device and a message is created to force an Initialization for that device.  If the device still does not attempt sync for 30 days, the person_mobile record will be deleted.  This will force re-activation.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks alot @JonWoster & @BrianG!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @BrianG ,

Thank you very much for your information.
Also one more concern .According to your statement , "if your device still doesn't attempt to sync for thirty days, the person_mobile record will be deleted to enforce re-activation."

Is that also defined in a parameter? or else this happens only if we set device_last_sync_limit to 30 days rather than 10 days?

Thanks & Regards,
Dilushkumar

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @aathi ,

I gained a clearer understanding after conducting internal research on @BrianG 's answer. I hope this information will also be helpful to you.

In FSM, there is a scheduled process called MOBILE_DEVICE_CLEANUP which runs in the background and automatically deletes mobile message records based on the predefined logic. To provide a clearer understanding of this process, please refer to the description below

"Process to identify mobile device records that have not synchronized recently.  Devices are marked for Initialization if they have not synced since the number of days configured in the DEVICE_LAST_SYNC_LIMIT app param.  Device records are deleted if they have not synced in three times the value in the app param.  This process removes messages for unused devices from the mm_message_out table."

Based on @BrianG 's answer, if you set the DEVICE_LAST_SYNC_LIMIT to 10 and a device has not synced within three times that value (3*10 = 30), the device records will be automatically deleted from the person record. This will trigger the reactivation message to appear in FSM Mobile.

To provide a better understanding of how it works in the backend, I have attached the code base of that function. This will help you to understand the technical details.

Thanks @BrianG & @aathi 

Thanks & Best Regards,
Dilushkumar