Solved

FSM Mobile (Android) attachments save location

• 12 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi experts,

I have observed that in the FSM6 UPD12 (Android) Task attachments are available in the device storage > 'com.metrix.metrixmobile' folder > ‘files’ folder only when they are being viewed: i.e. when a pdf. is being viewed by an external app. When I exit from viewing the file, it gets deleted from the above location.

But the files seems to be still available somewhere in the phone because I can still open them through FSM app even when there is no internet connection.

Is this the expected behavior or is there a way to turn this off? (to make the attachments permanently available in the  'com.metrix.metrixmobile' folder)

Thank you,
Dulshan.

icon

Best answer by Atheeq Maharoof 13 September 2021, 08:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Dulshan De Silva ,

I think this is the expected behavior of FSM Mobile App. As FSM Mobile guide for UPD12 states, there is no actual file for the attachment on the device. It only has a database record. Attachments are streamed from the application server to a downloads directory at the mobile web service. 

You can configure the FSM app param ‘ATTACHMENT DIRECTORY’ from Smart client. This is a shared drive where the application server has permissions to read and write to the directory. 

Please refer FSM Mobile guide for more information on this.

So, answering to your question, I think there is no possibility to make the attachments permanently available in the  'com.metrix.metrixmobile' folder. Hence the attachments in mobile would merely be a database record. I think that’s why you are capable of accessing them even when offline. 

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Dulshan De Silva ,

The attachment will be in the device under the following location. 

Attachment saved location.
List of files in the location

As you mentioned in the question, in the com.metrix.metrixmobile which is under the initial directory of internal_storage will be having the file when you are viewing it but the file is present in internal_storage/Android/Data/com.metrix.metrixmobile, due to this presence you are able to view the document even when the device is disconnected from the server.

Hope this answer helps.

Best Regards,
Atheeq

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thank you @Charith Fernando and @Atheeq Maharoof for your valuable input on this.