Solved

FSM-Integration

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Can anyone please guide me what is the use of MPM in FSM and how it works in our application?

one normal sample will be very helpful.

icon

Best answer by Mike The FSM TechnoGeek 8 May 2020, 18:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi,

This may be better suited to a specific training course as it would need to cover a lot more than the simple question & answer format of this forum and also relates to a more technical area of the system.

I would suggest asking IFS if there are any scheduled training sessions for this and other areas you are unsure of or if they can put some in place.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

FSM was originally called ‘Metrix’, and MPM stands for ‘Metrix Perform Method’.  MPMs are defined by a combination of metadata and C#.Net code and can be implemented in any .Net language compiled assembly.  Out of the box, there are numerous MPMs.  You can think of an MPM as an ‘RPC’ or ‘Remote Procedure Call’.  An MPM is a function the FSM server can perform, such as repricing a request, generating PM tasks, replenishing stock, posting a shipment, etc.  Each MPM has a name, and will accept various data as parameters.  MPM calls are made via XML messages to FSM.  See pages 14 and 32 in the attached document for explanation and examples of invoking an MPM.

You can also get parameter details for MPMs by going to Menu->Studio->Tools->XML Schemas, choose ‘Perform’ for Message Type and select the MPM you want to work with under Table Name.  Select the checkbox labeled ‘Return XML Example instead of Schema’ to see an example of the XML message to invoke the MPM.

The Perform Messages report mentioned in the attached document, and the Studio tool mentioned above will both only show MPMs which have metadata definitions.  There are numerous (nearly 70 to my knowledge) hard-coded baseline MPMs for which there is no metadata definition.  In order to get details about these, you either need to look at FSM source code, or perform user actions in the FSM client which invoke the MPM you’re interested in and then look in the XML log (JSON communication log if Web Client).  Some common built-in MPMs (not defined in metadata) are:

perform_fetch_global_code_table_values
perform_get_database_info
perform_get_server_info
perform_get_server_info_extended
perform_test_server

@Lee Pinchbeck is right.  This gets very complicated very quickly.  I hope I’ve helped answer your essential question.  MPMs are an intrinsic part of FSM, and you need to know the basics of what they do and how they are used in order to administer FSM and configure it to its maximum potential.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks Mike,

Thanks a lot for your response,this will help me a lot.i am learning FSM functionalities so quickly because of your help.

Thanks,

Pinmaya

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

You’re welcome, Pinmaya.  Don’t forget to mark your question as answered if you feel it has been fully addressed.  I always look for questions which have not been marked answered when I have time.  Marking answered questions helps with this.