Solved

FSM Installer does not show "FSM Mobile Service" component in Azure upgrade

• 10 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

FSM Installer package shows “FSM Mobile Service” component like below in On-premise upgrade

BUT, same package does not show the option “FSM Mobile Service”, when upgrading the Azure installation. 

Mobile.zip files exists with in root folder of the package.

Should the same zip file be copied to somewhere else to make it available for Azure?

/Sanjeewa

icon

Best answer by Saranga Amaraweera 10 January 2022, 08:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @SanjeewaJ ,

As far as my memory, this option is not really concerned in the cloud installation setup process whereas the mobile.apk and the mobile content is placed separately in the ApplicationServer->ServerCloudInstallContent->MetrixMobileService directory. If the apk is customized, then you need to place the customized apk there in the MetrixMobileService directory.

The cloud setup is sequentially directed towards the mobile upgrade/install section right after smart client and web client. The option should be available as FSM Application Server, Web/Smart Clients, Mobile Client.

The content of Mobile.zip  file  (i.e.:mobile.apk) is detected if this is an on premise installation

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

In a cloud installation, both FSM Application Server and the Mobile server get installed in the same App Service. You do not have install the Mobile Services separately because it will get installed automatically.

Once the installation is done, check the content of the App Service via Advance Tools (kudu) in Azure portal. You can see there a is directory called “mobile” with the respective content.

To access the Mobile Service, you can use the “xxxxxxxxxx/mobile” url as same as xxxxxxxxxx/client (or xxxxxxxxxx/clientDev or xxxxxxxxxx/clientTest)

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @SanjeewaJ, @Ruchira Jayasinghe ,

I recently did a mobile customization, generated the apk and provided the delivery package to the cloud team for deployment. However, the apk has not been replaced correctly during the deployment. 

Current version is this. 

Do I need to upgrade the version to 6.22.8363 from the code before building the apk? 

I am asking this because this forum says that the mobile is sequentially upgraded through “FSM Application Server, Web/Smart Clients, Mobile Client” option so I thought maybe the installer is not fetching the new mobile apk as the version was not upgraded.

@SAMLK could you give some input on this please? 🙂

Cheers,

Buddhima