Question

FSM 6u6 - Customer Portal - Does it support hyperlinks to outside content?

• 27 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

We are looking for a way to give our customers access to user-specific URLS through the customer portal.  This could be for Project Plans, SmartSheets, Sharepoint sites, other file storage locations, reports, or other portals/incident systems.

I’m aware that there are Link elements in the lobby, but since we can only associate 1 Lobby to the portal, which is used by many of our customers, all customers would see the same links.

This could be solved through a data-source driven element, such as LIST elements, but they don’t support hyperlinks.         

I’m very open for a Lobby solution, if one exists, to load custom hyperlinks unique to the person loggin in (or their portal access)

The workaround to not being able to use lobbies seems to be to build a custom workflow…   However; I’m running into a similar issues as with lobbies.

• I can get all the right data, including URLS, to display for the right people.
  • I cannot figure out how to make a hyperlink so theURLs are functional, or beter, we can drop the URL under a name, which can be clicked to load that URL.
    • new window/tab would be optimal!

the code in Metadata i was looking at seems to contain some “click” options, but may be limited to portal screens only.  I’m hoping there’s a parameter for “URL” or “link” or “hyperlink” that I’m unaware of.

in the code sample below I am using place attributes to load the urls, where the places are controlled by portal access for the user .  the “attr_value” is (supposed to be) the URL. 

"grid_columns": [
{
"id": "1",
"label": "Attribute Attr ID",
"element_type": "button",
"name": "attribute.attr_id",
"allow_filter": "Y",
"allow_search": "Y",
"read_only": "Y",
"navigations": [
{
"screen_name": "ATTRIBUTE",
"type": "click",
"search_values": [
{
"item_name": "attribute.attr_id",
"function_name": "attribute.attr_id"
}
]
}
]
},
{
"id": "2",
"label": "Attribute Value",
"label_message_id": "AttributeValue",
"element_type": "text:string",
"name": "attribute.attr_value",
"allow_filter": "N",
"allow_search": "Y",
"read_only": "N",
"auto_complete": "N",
"required": "N"
}
]

any assistance is appreciated.. Thank you!

-Rudy

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Rwjgoedhart,

I am not aware of there being away to allow an external URL within the customer portal. It may be possible in the other portals that allow more flexibility but the customer portal is quite rigid in what it offers.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck