Solved

FSM 6 Microsoft SQL Server - Change Database Compatibility Level

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We are currently running FSM 6u6 on SQL Server 2017 and are in the process of upgrading to FSM 6u15 on the same SQL Server 2017. I’ve realized that during previous upgrades (during which we upgraded from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2017) we didn’t update the Compatibility Level of the database storing FSM data.

Currently the Compatibility Level of the database holding FSM data is set to level 100 - is there any reason not to update the Compatibility Level of that database to 140? We’d like to take advantage of newer functions for reporting, and I’m hoping the new cardinality estimator and adaptive query processing feature will speed up performance at least for reports.

If anyone has any experience with this I’d appreciate advice as I’m not a DBA

icon

Best answer by ScottB 9 June 2022, 12:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Ethan,

that’s a good question! I would expect that if the FSM release you are updating to is supporting that particular SQL Server release it should be no issue setting the same compatibility level. However, I would suggest that you first test this in a non-prod environment.

@ScottB can you maybe bring in some light?

Best regards

Roman

Badge

Updating the database compatibility level to 140 should not be an issue and is supported.  Currently FSM supports SQL Server versions 2014 (as of Update 18) thru 2019.  2022 is being evaluated now.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Updating the database compatibility level to 140 should not be an issue and is supported.  Currently FSM supports SQL Server versions 2014 (as of Update 18) thru 2019.  2022 is being evaluated now.

Thanks! We’ve applied it to our test environment, no issues so far