Solved

FSM 5.7 - Run client in Citrix 2019

• 29 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

Obviously FSM6 can run the client in web browser, we’re just not there yet, we’re still on FSM5.7U11.

But a few years back I was messing around with FSM5.6 and had that running in a web browser instead of the fat client. We’re currently, after upgrading our Citrix OS from Windows 2016 to 2019, having some issues with performance in FSM. Namely ‘Not Responding’ and the screen going blurry as the users wait for the APP-V clients to respond. 

I have been asked by our Infrastructure team if FSM can be run via a browser. Like I say FSM6 yes. But I’m sure I had a browser version running in 5.6 too, but we left that behind.

If if can be run via a Browser, does anyone have any steps to get that set-up?

Alternatively if anyone else has updated their Citrix OS from 2016 to 2019, had some performance issues and resolved them, i’d been keen to hear how that was done too. 

Thanks in advance

Ady

icon

Best answer by roklde 7 April 2022, 16:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Adrian,

FSM5 doesn’t provide a web-based UI like FSM6.

Besides the .net Click-once Smart Client, you also have the “Integrated” Smart Client. This is designed for Citrix deployments. See Information in the Installation Guide:

Note: This is taken from the FSM6 Installation docs but it’s also available for FSM5.

You might want to try that out.

Best regards

Roman

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@roklde - thank you for sending this through. Although installed and the team using the app we still get the slow down through the day.

Do you, or do you know any other colleagues that could offer advice around Garbage Collection on Citrix installations. It feels like it’s a memory exception that happening, and looking at resources the app doesn’t appear to clear the cache memory on Citrix 2019 compared to 2016 or a standard installation to a windows desktop for example.

Regards

Ady

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Ady,

no, I’m sorry but I do not know any customer who is using the Citrix Integrated Client with a similar issue.

I guess, it’s best if you raise a support case to get proper feedback from the FSM Product Team.

Best regards

Roman