Solved

FSM 5.6.3 Mobile - Initialize Device from Mobile Dashboard causes password issues

• 31 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I am attempting to re-initialize a mobile device from the Mobile Dashboard screen (Mobile Dashboard > Right click on device >  “Initialize Device”) which works - the INIT messages gets pushed to the mobile device, the mobile device initializes and everything works until you log out.

After logging out on the mobile app, when you try to log in next (using the same password as before initializing) the app says the password is invalid.

No changes have been made to the person record, nothing done except “Initialize Device”

icon

Best answer by Dhanushki Pahathkumbure 13 February 2020, 05:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Go to person record and see does the password changes recently. it took entire person entity to mobile. so if you have some mismatch that why you get this. i hope it is not common to all the users. does this happen to few users or all of the users?

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

I am attempting to re-initialize a mobile device from the Mobile Dashboard screen (Mobile Dashboard > Right click on device >  “Initialize Device”) which works - the INIT messages gets pushed to the mobile device, the mobile device initializes and everything works until you log out.

After logging out on the mobile app, when you try to log in next (using the same password as before initializing) the app says the password is invalid.

No changes have been made to the person record, nothing done except “Initialize Device”

The issue is that, in 5.6.3 if the Initialize from the Mobile Dashboard in the FSM Client, it clears the user_credentials table and you cannot log in again after that.  It has nothing to do with changing passwords. When you do an init from the device they put the person id and password in the cache and then when init is done it retrieves those values and write them back into the user_credentials table.  This does not happen if the initiated it from the dashboard. This has got solved in the latest version. But if you still see the issue in the latest version as well please send us a case so we could report to RnD.