Question

Enabling SSO to FSM Smart Client

Badge +2

We are trying to enable SSO to the FSM Smart Client and we are having Java script error pop-up and Overlapping of taxt in the rendered Sign-On Page. Please note that SSO is now working in our Warehouse Portal and Web Client Version. As per our SSO support:
1) Java Script related pop-up - Resolution: Ensure running of Java Scripts is enabled for whatever in App browser you're using for SmartClient
2) Overlapping of text - Due to unsupported IE browser

We have tested in our virual Machine and in our Citrix environment with Edge or Chrome as the defaul browser and set the Java Script enabled to the browser and same error/behaviur still occur.

Can you please let us know if the package for the FSM Smart Client defaults the browser to EI and confirm if the Java scripting is enabled?

12 replies

Badge

Hi @Dilushkumar Vasudevan 

Requesting you to please check the above mentioned concern and provide your assistance.

Regards,
Soumya Dasgupta
IFS Unified Support - Service Desk

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Melrose,

Is the SSO working fine, but you're observing text overlapping during login? Is that your concern?

Badge +2

@Dilushkumar Vasudevan  - the SSO works, meaning I am able to log-in but those script error pop and overlapping of text in the rendered Sing-on page are really not a good user experience. I can try to upload the screenshot here.

Badge +2

As per our SSO Support: 1) Java Script related pop-up - Resolution: Ensure running of Java Scripts is enabled for whatever in App browser you're using for SmartClient
2) Overlapping of text - Due to unsupported IE browser

We have tested in our virual Machine and in our Citrix environment with Edge or Chrome as the defaul browser and set the Java Script enabled to the browser and same error/behaviur still occur.

Can you please let us know if the package for the FSM Smart Client defaults the browser to EI and confirm if the Java scripting is enabled?

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi @Melrose !

I think the Smart Client uses IE for rendering the SSO sign-in page. Can you try with IE as default browser enabled and check if this fixes it?

Best regards
Roman

Badge +2

@roklde  - IE is no longer supported and we are not using this as browser anymore, we already switched to Edge or Chrome.

Badge +2

@roklde  - is this something FSM is looking into? Updating the default browser when rendering SSO page? IE is not supported anymore and therefore should be removed?

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Could you please raise a support ticket to get it further reviewed?

Best regards
Roman

Badge +2

@roklde - thank you. I actually created a case but then I was told by the Support to raise it here in IFS Community :D ..I re-open that case or create a new case if needed. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@Melrose Oh ok, sorry I wasn’t aware of this. 

@Jon Reid would you be able to comment on this? Are we still rely on IE for rendering the Smart Client SSO sign-in page?

Best regards
Roman

Badge +2

@roklde - did we get confirmation for the IE usage for the FSM Smart Client package? Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Melrose,

I’ve discussed this with R&D team they provided an explanation,

mart client uses Edge browser if Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime is installed in the client machine. Otherwise, it uses IE.

From screen recording it seems like Azure AD login dialog is loading correctly without javascript errors. Azure AD login dialog loading without javascript error means smart client uses Edge to render the SSO login screen.

Errors are occurring when redirecting to the BestBuy’s organization sign in page. In this web page, check whether <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> tag is added to the html page to force IE to Edge.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6771258/what-does-meta-http-equiv-x-ua-compatible-content-ie-edge-do

Also, R&D team has tested baseline smart client application in a VM that does not have WebView2 Runtime installed and able to reproduce javascript errors from IE browser. After installing web view 2 runtime and restarting the machine SSO login dialog renders without errors.

Best Regards,
Hushan