Solved

Date Comparison in FSM Web Client

• 28 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Team , 

Can Anyone Suggest How to add Filter in Search Screen for Comparing two dates . 

Requirement: Need to Display all the request where created dttm is between From date and to Date in Request Search Screen in Web Client  .

I have added the Request User_def_dttm to capture the From date and To Date in search Screen  and added the Condition in UI for Search ,But its not working as expected .

Is there any Other Way to Configure This in FSM.

Thanks

Muthujayashree R

icon

Best answer by Rwjgoedhart 29 July 2022, 02:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Muthujayashree ,

Is the from date and to date hardcoded or are you supposed to provide that as input parameters? I assume that you can add them in a webclient script through the search criteria or on the quicksearch item editor in the UI designer. Similar to the baseline task search criteria.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Saranga Amaraweera

Thanks For the Reply, 

Its Based on Input Parameter .how to I compare the User_def_dttm with request.created_dttm in quick search , if I provide the value has request.created_dttm its displaying invalid date .

Thanks

Muthujayashree R

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @Muthujayashree 

I am not 100% sure what you ar asking.

But you can add dates and signs like ‘<’ or ‘>’ to search on specific fields.

For example I searched on the filed created_dttm and another field user_def_dttm1 where I stored a random date on.

Let me know if that is what you are after.

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Muthujayashree 

I may be simplifying this too much, but why wouldn’t you stick to just the “Created Dttm” field and use a search string to encompass both From and To ? 

example:   If i wanted to see all requests created between 7/1/2022 and 7/28/2022, I would search for: 

>= 7/1/2022 + < 7/28/2022

In similar fashion we could use dynamic search options to search for “created between 30 days ago and now” 

>=Today.Adddays(-30)+<Today.Adddays(1)

This string reads as: 

• Created on or after (Today-30 days) (6/28/22 in todays example)
  • + (AND)
  • Created before (today+1 day) (7/29/2022, in todays example)

Using search variables with modifiers allows you to save these results in Saved Quick Search, which will always return “30 days” vs. a static date.  

Works in both the WebClient and Smartclient

Hope this helps

-Rudy