Question

Customer Portal Access query

• 8 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

In FSM application, is it possible to see the status of some service request or repair request as a customer without having FSM license?  Is the following portal is relevent do that activity?

https://www.ifs.com/ar/solutions/service-management/customer-self-service/

Please advise.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

No, if you want to check status of RMA’s and requests in FSM you need to have a license. The customer portal is the correct method to do this. Customer portal is concurrent so depending on the usage frequency you could have 10 or 20 customers per customer portal license.

If it’s inquiry only, make sure you set up the role correctly so customers cannot add / modify requests.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@ChristineLaVoi 

Thanks a lot for your response.

Just one query, I believe customer would be required an email id and password to access customer portal.

Now,in FSM , the process I believe first we need to create a person record with license type custportal. Then I need to assign a contact id , with that person record. Now the email id ,mentioned in contact detail should be the login credentials , I believe.

Now, when we are saying it is concurrent 10-20 users , then how those people will access the customer portal?if the mail id is unique and specific to some contact id ?

Please let me know if I missed something.