Skip to main content
Question

Creation of shifts in PSO for technicians working on 2 different Division

• 2 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

There are technicians in who are associated with several Zones (Example ABCD, XYZ, Etc).

But when assigning availability shifts in PSO (24/7, 24/5, etc.), it does not allow the same technician to be scheduled in two or more Zones.

How can i identify what time that Particular FT is working for Both division or single division? Do we have any option available in PSO.

Example here is Shiyaz left in Gray in this ABCD, since he is with another shift in XYZ. And he should be available for both zones and others.

Regards,

Shiyaz

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Team,

Can anyone please update.

Regards,
Shiyaz

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Shiyaz,

Not sure if I fully understand the question so let me know if this doesn’t solve it for you. A technician can have availability for multiple divisions at a time but a technician cannot have rota membership for two divisions at the same time. This means that you are able to create shifts for any technician if it has availability in that division but if it already has membership defined for a time period in a separate division (this is created by adding shifts) you cannot create any shifts in the existing period.

Like you mentioned there is a grey bar for a technician if he has membership in another division which indicates the area where you will not be able to assign shifts. 

When creating shifts in the resource planner we create a rota membership for the division across the entire period that you are editing which is why a solid grey bar appears for the technician.

Hope this helps,

Reece