Solved

Can you peg a Work Task Material Line to a Shop Order

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I know you can peg a Work Task Material Line to a Purchase Order (either by New Purchase Requisition Line or manually after creation of the PO wher you can use ‘Manual pegging of work Order Material Line’).

But can you also peg a Work Task Material Line to a Shop Order? On a CO you can use ‘Supply Code’ = ‘Shop order’ or ‘DOP’ to create a connection between CO and SO. But on the Work Task, thge only options you have for Supply Code is ‘Invent order’ or ‘Project Inventory’.

The option ‘New Purchase Requisition Line’ is not helpfull because the part in question is not a purchase part but a manufactured part. But we want it pegged to avoid that the WO requested part will be used for production of wholesale goods. As long as it is not pegged/reserved, there is a chance  by MRP would see it as an available part.

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by ctaylor56 2 August 2023, 18:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I created an idea for this.  Feel free to upvote!

Peg Shop Order to Maintenance Material Requisition Line | IFS Community

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I created an idea for this.  Feel free to upvote!

Peg Shop Order to Maintenance Material Requisition Line | IFS Community

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for your reply. I upvated the idea! Thanks for your contribution.

best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

Just coming back to this option. Our customer is still waiting for a solution on this. We still believe it is really strange that a WO demand cannot be pegged to a Shop Order. 

In the current option, WO generates a demand, MRP sees the demand and creates a Shop Order Request. The Shop Order can be completely processed and our part comes on stock. But at this point there is no connection to the WO and any other Shop Order (for example a DOP request) that needs this part could automatically reserve this part - all though it was actually intended for our WO.

So problem: the production now automatically is assigned the already produced piece, and the WO needs to wait untill MRP generates another SHop Order Request and we have to wait again X period of time before the parts is produced again. (and hopefully it will then remain available).

The idea is in status ‘Accepted’, does this mean it is on the roadmap somewhere?

Best Regards

Roel