"Amount On PO" unchecked but the unit cost appears in Purchase Order

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Experts,

One of our FSM customers has encountered this behavior when posting POs:

1. Amount on PO is unchecked

1. Create the PO as below and approve

1. When printing the purchase order, the unit cost is still visible

Can anyone explain why the unit cost is visible in the PO, even though the “Amount on PO” is unchecked in the supplier screen?

Thanks and BR//

Minindu

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

2/2

Further adding to the same question:

Could you also please explain why Purchase Orders are allowed to be posted successfully while “On Purchase Hold” in the supplier screen?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @Minindu Somaratne 

For your question 1 - I feel like it should go to PD team as, according to the functionality, if amount on purchase order is unchecked, that means, unit cost must not be visible in the PO.

For your question 2 - If supplier is on purchase hold, you will get an error message as below when you try to create a PO using that supplier. I have tested this in the latest FSM version and functionality works fine.

Hope this may help.

Badge +3

@Kalpani Dissanayake Thanks for your answer. We actually got an error as above. But my question is  why Purchase Orders are allowed to be posted successfully while “On Purchase Hold” in the supplier screen of parts tab? There is also  “On Purchase Hold” in the supplier screen of parts tab,not just the header of  the supplier screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @YAO ZHU 

If the “ On Purchase Hold” in the header section of the supplier was checked, I was not allowed to even create a PO from that supplier. I got the attached error - This functionality is correct. 

As you mentioned, if I set “ On Purchase Hold” in the part line of the supplier, I was able to post the PO without any issue. - This is incorrect.

I suggest to report the issue to PD team for correction.

Badge +3

@Kalpani Dissanayake 

Thanks for your investigation.Please report the issue to PD team and have a fix.