Question

Showing attachment from ManSuppInv in Project Transactions

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I am trying to view an attachment made in Manual Supplier Invoice in the project transactions window. This is to view attachments for Invoices which have been forwarded to a project activity.

I have setup the OCT, but the attachment isn’t appearing, wonder what I have missed? (my first time setting up OCT)

We are using App10 UPD13

This is the view in Project Transactions

Thank you

Pamith

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @PamithK 

Have you tried testing the transformation rule by RMB > Test transformation? Here you can give example key value of the target lu object and see if it correctly fetches the associated source object keys. If the source key values are not fetched correctly then your transformation method is incorrect.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @PamithK 

Have you tried testing the transformation rule by RMB > Test transformation? Here you can give example key value of the target lu object and see if it correctly fetches the associated source object keys. If the source key values are not fetched correctly then your transformation method is incorrect.

Thanks

Hi Amila, it is successful. Anything else to check?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Looks right.

This is a stupid question, but I must ask it: is there a document attached to the invoice record with those two key values?

Badge +1

Hi, did you find out how to solve the problem, we have the same problem after installing IFS10 UPD15, it worked fine previously. All documents are connected correctly, we are able to open the connected Project Transaction from the document, but the document doesn’t show in the attachments window and it is not possible to connect new documents there either...

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi, did you find out how to solve the problem, we have the same problem after installing IFS10 UPD15, it worked fine previously. All documents are connected correctly, we are able to open the connected Project Transaction from the document, but the document doesn’t show in the attachments window and it is not possible to connect new documents there either...

@reto 

It sounds strange for something like this to break in an UPD.

Can you provide some screenshots of the screens you are talking about, with the data you talk about? 

It sounds like someone turned off the ability to connect documents to your particular kind of business object (have a look in the Object Connections screen in Solution Manager to find the setup).

Badge +1

@Mathias Dahl Everything is set up correctly in the Object Connections screen, all the data is correctly in the table doc_reference_object tab and I can even open the object from the document revision window… As you will see from the screen shot it is not possible to connect any new document or see the ones already connected...

Object Connections:

Project Transactions:

Document Revision:

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks!

It's especially strange that you cannot see the connected document there under Attachments / Documents.

I wonder if it can have something to do with the other problem, that you cannot attach or create new documents. That is probably a permission problem. Or, possibly, something is wrong with the Project Transactions screen. You could file a support case towards the Project module (assuming it's where Project Transactions live) and have them investigate. I don't think this is a problem in IFS Document Management.

Sometimes (rarely), the generic attachments / object connection service functionality stops to work in some screens because of some coding mistake in them. Perhaps this happened here.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Mathias Dahl ,

I tried to connect the document to the project transaction through the ‘Objects’ tab in the Document Revision and got the below error. I used the Project Trans Seq as the Object Key.

Can this be the reason we are not able to see the document connected in ManSuppInv in the Project Trans?

Thank you

Pamith

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Can you show us the Object Connection Transformation rules you have set up for Target ProjectTransaction? I suspect you set Editable = Source to one of them, not sure if you want that.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Mathias,

below is the connection transformation rule

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Try to set Editable to Target instead of None and see if it get rid of the error.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Mathias,

Thank you, it did get rid of the error. But still the document can’t be seen as an attachment in the project transactions. I can’t manually attach documents either, maybe Project Transactions view can’t handle attachments? 

Pamith

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

It’s possible in our environment:

Can you attach documents from other screens?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Mathias,

Yes it is possible to connect to other screens. Can you share a screenshot of the Object Connections setup for the ProjectTransaction LU?

Thank you

Pamith

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Of course, here you go: