Solved

Report Rule to connect Shop Order Pick List to Shop Order

• 19 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Badge +3

We are trying to create a Report Rule for Shop Order Pick Lists, Report ID SHOP_ORD_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP which should connect created document revision to the shop order. 

On the action “Check in to Document Management”, unfortunately there is no LU ShopOrder available from the list of ConnectedLU.

Is there a way to solve this, i..e. to extend the list of connected LU’s ? 

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 21 February 2024, 14:34

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Has the ShopOrder LU been enabled for document attachments under Solution Manager/ Object Connections?

Badge +3

Yes, the required entry is there and we can manually add documents to Shop Orders. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Strange... It cannot possibly be the case that the list of LUs is hard coded. Did you happen to enable document connections for ShopOrd recently? If not, then I suggest you file a support case to have someone look at this in detail. The case should be for the reporting framework, not IFS Document Management.

Badge +3

I don’t know when we enabled it, but I believe it was not recently. 
I had already opened a ticket with IFS support, but the answer was unusable and mainly pointed towards the community. But maybe posting it again for the reporting framework could help. It’s always a lottery who takes the ticket. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Mathias Dahl @UTALOETSAN I just did a small test.

→ SHOP_ORDER_REP → I could use the ShopOrd LU in the Report Rule action

→ SHOP_ORD_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP → ShopOrd LU is not available in the list.

Since SHOP_ORD_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP is a picklist report which consolidates multiple shop orders, it makes sense that you’re not able to link this PDF to a Shop Order, since the picklist might reference multiple SOs. So, I’d say this works as designed?

Badge +3

This sounds reasonable. But the counter example is the Pick List Shipment. Here we use the report SHIPMENT_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP but are able to connect the document to the LU Shipment.  

In either case we use the CONSOL report but always have one order/shipment behind it (don’t ask me why).

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Mathias Dahl @UTALOETSAN I just did a small test.

→ SHOP_ORDER_REP → I could use the ShopOrd LU in the Report Rule action

→ SHOP_ORD_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP → ShopOrd LU is not available in the list.

Since SHOP_ORD_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP is a picklist report which consolidates multiple shop orders, it makes sense that you’re not able to link this PDF to a Shop Order, since the picklist might reference multiple SOs. So, I’d say this works as designed?

Possibly it figures out the LUs/entities used as data sources in the report, and present those only. A bit limited, I would say, but also a possible design decision.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This sounds reasonable. But the counter example is the Pick List Shipment. Here we use the report SHIPMENT_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP but are able to connect the document to the LU Shipment.  

In either case we use the CONSOL report but always have one order/shipment behind it (don’t ask me why).

@UTALOETSAN Ok, this is clearly not consistent then. Bring this up to Support and ask them for a fix (maybe they’ll accept it as a bug)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

I believe the combo is populated from the connected LU used for custom fields. Yet, if the LU is not listed try manually entering LU in to the combo as it’s editable.

Regards,
Chanaka

Badge +3

it’s really that stupid...

Badge +3

In deed, the field ConnectedLU in the Action Properties is editable. So I enter the LU ShopOrd 

and with the KeRef assignment

ORDER_NO=[@SHOP_ORD_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP/SHOP_MATERIAL_PICK_LISTS/SHOP_MATERIAL_PICK_LIST/SHOP_ORDER_NO]^RELEASE_NO=[@SHOP_ORD_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP/SHOP_MATERIAL_PICK_LISTS/SHOP_MATERIAL_PICK_LIST/RELEASE_NO]^SEQUENCE_NO=[@SHOP_ORD_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP/SHOP_MATERIAL_PICK_LISTS/SHOP_MATERIAL_PICK_LIST/SEQUENCE_NO]^

the Report Rule finally works as intended. 
The drop-down list misled me.🙄