Question

Open *.JPG file in Document Attachement

• 29 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I can not open File attached as *.JPG. as it complains about not any application associate with it, though  mspaint.exe has already been associated.

Only way to view it is to assign  “Mspaint.exe” as” External viewer Application”  and then open the file with external viewer app.

is there any other solution for this?

Kind Regards,

Aida.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Cause of the problem

This happens because of a recent change in Windows 10 where Microsoft has made MSPaint NOT react to the "Open" command.

When Docman tries to open a file it asks Windows to "open" it (this is how it has worked for around 20 years). But, Microsoft has changed things such that MSPaint will not listen to this, in the case of JPEG files.

Solution

You can solve this yourself by associating JPEG files with the Photos app instead, like below:

Let me know if it works.

There might be a solution that we can do from our end as well, but that remains to be seen (I would prefer to have specific handling of specific file types and apps if I can avoid it, but there might be a generic solution too).

If you like to see that happening you need to file a proper support case about this.

Good luck!

/Mathias