Solved

Multiple Document Object Connections in Aurena

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

In Apps9 we can quickly create object connections between a document revision and multiple objects (for example several Shop Orders). When adding a row in the Objects tab in Document Revision window the Connect Object dialog appears and I can choose an Object type and then search and select multiple rows to connect to the document revision.

I can’t find this functionality in Aurena (Cloud), hope someone could help me!

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 3 August 2022, 15:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Joho 

You cannot do that yet in Aurena, You have to add them one by one.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Joho,

Good question, it was indeed a nice feature. Hopefully that will be available soon in Aurena.

Are you aware of the Object Connection Transformation functionality? I am not sure what document you want to attach to the Shop Order, but you can show the documents connected to a part or a site to the Shop Order as well. that requires only one attachment on that level and it will show on other levels as well. Maybe that helps as well.

@Amila Samarasinghe, do you know when this option will be in Aurena? Quick Object Connections are required for more customers.

BR,

Robert

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Mathias Dahl any input regarding this?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

We recently added support for connecting one object to multiple document revisions but there is still no way to connected multiple objects (of the same type) to one document revision in one go.

Badge +2

@Amila Samarasinghe and @Mathias Dahl, thank you for your answers even if it unfortunately wasn’t the answer I was hoping for. 

@EqeRobertK, yes I’m aware of the Object Connection Transformation functionality but we have several cases when it can’t replace the possibility to connected multiple objects to one document revision in one go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Joho I suggest you have a look at the Ideas section here to see if this has been requested for before. If not, you can create an idea there.