Question

Moving/Adding Files in Directory to Document Management

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I want to move files in an ftp directory to IFS Document Management at certain times. Can you help me with this? Any information you provide is very valuable to me.

Write if you have any questions to better understand my problem.

Thanks,

Regards.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

If you use an FTP repository in Docman, you can do some of the work by just moving the files to the right place in the FTP server. That is not the whole solution though since you also need to create the document title and revision information in IFS, plus the file reference information. I don't have time to outline the steps for you, but by searching different posts here for "edm_file_tab" you can get a lot of hits with hints on how to do this. Here are some examples:

https://community.ifs.com/framework-and-experience-101/where-are-the-attached-files-physically-stored-in-ifs-2541

https://community.ifs.com/framework-experience-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/pl-sql-code-to-upload-document-14063

Another way to learn how it all fits together is to query the following tables after a document has been uploaded using one of our clients:

doc_title_tab
doc_issue_tab
edm_file_tab

Also have a look in edm_location_tab.

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello Mr @Mathias Dahl,

Thank you for the information you provided. I'm late for the reply due to workload, sorry about that.

I reviewed the related posts and the tables you forwarded.
To summarize, without using a 3rd party application; I just want to scan the directory on an ftp server with IFS capabilities at certain times, get the data according to the file name and save it to the Document Management with the information and file attachment.

For example:
Let's have our ftp address /xxx.xx.xx.xxx/ftp/ifs/temp.
in this directory;
PARTCA-00001-001.PDF
PARTCA-00002-001.PDF
PARTCA-00003-001.PDF
PARTCA-00100-001.PDF
We have files named

How can we create a document or its revision in IFS by scanning the relevant directory and using the filename hierarchy? And we will also add the documents here to the registered EDM Locations.

Regards,

Baris