Question

LTU for 22R1 Document Management

• 23 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

In Apps 10 there was a LTU for document management. Similarly, for 22R1  is there a LTU for document management area? Or any other LTU which covers the document management functionality?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Tarake, thanks for asking here.

As you say there was one for Apps 10, but we wanted to remove it since its purpose was not defined. You can find the list of LTUs defined by R&D here:

https://ifs.sharepoint.com/sites/IFSPricing/SitePages/LTU-Definitions-and-License-Terms.aspx

Look for a table further down on the page.

Here you can download the complete definitions:

https://ifs.sharepoint.com/sites/IFSCloudProdInfo/Release%20Documents%20and%20Links/Forms/AllItems.aspx?viewid=ade910db%2D599e%2D417e%2Da762%2De67efadba4c7

If you want an LTU to be created for IFS Document Management, I think you should file an idea for it here on Community such that it can be considered. If and when you do, try to be as specific as you can about the intended purpose. Exactly what tasks should be possible to do, and why?

Thanks!

Badge +2

Thanks Mathias for the reply. Went through the LTUs mentioned in the list , However they seems to have very limited access from document management prespective. Eg: Time Reporting and Expense . Any idea as to how we can get a LTU for document management area which is similar in functionality to APPs 10 Document Management  LTU. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Any idea as to how we can get a LTU for document management area which is similar in functionality to APPs 10 Document Management  LTU

Sorry, no, I don't. I am sure there is some process in deciding on and creating the LTUs, but I am not part of it. If this is very important you need to escalate it… to someone…

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

The need for a separate LTU for DocMan might be doubtful in the context of the present LTU approach. In the past, a user could have several LTUs at the same time without being a full user. Now, if I'm not mistaken, you can only have a single LTU, and in any other case the customer has to pay for a full license.

Best regards,

Martin

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Good point, @Martin Hulsenboom !

Badge +2

Hi @Martin Hulsenboom 

Single LTU was true till update 5 in 22R1, afterwards IFS have allowed multiple LTUs to be added.

Thanks

Tarake

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

That's excellent news, @TADHLK Tarake. That has escaped my attention.

Badge +3

Hi @TADHLK , I was under the impression that the recent development on LTU’s was to increase to only 2 per user as per Apps 10? not multiple? Most people will have a job LTU (Tech Portal for example) and HR self service where doc mgt should be fully accessible, i.e to access health and safety docs as well as docs connected to objects that are accessible as part of the LTU’s.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello ,

I'm having the same problems with the LTU_HR_SELF_SERVICE ... it's not possible to attach documents ... so it's not suitable for the job.