Question

Issue in shared document repository

• 7 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Repository is defined as shared and the status is set as generating. Now, when I try to manually check-in a document using document revision, I would get the following error. 

Yet, if I set the status as usable, files get checked-in to document revision without any error. 

Shouldn’t the status generating correct value rather than usable? Are there any configuration to make?

Further, when even files get check-in, they are not available on the file location. Yet I could view the document without any issue. 

Could someone elaborate this behavior as well? 

Thank you! 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@Ushani Weeraratne 

Do you have any other records in the repository tab?. If you have a record with * as document class in generating state which means this is the all the document classes default repository which is why you can observe the files checkin works even the repo set (ftp one)to usable state. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Ushani Weeraratne,

The shared repository you have setup is not accessible through the environment. That’s why you are getting that error when the repository is set to generating. Please check whether the environment can access the network path you are adding as a shared location.

As for why its working when its set to :”usable”, it means that any new documents that is checked into the class for which the repository is setup will be checked into the next applicable “Generating” repository. Repositories are set as usable when the repository location is full or growing in size unnecessarily so any new documents for the class will be checked into a different “Generating” repository. For a certain document class there can only be one “Generating” document repository in a given time.

So in this case as Sahan mentioned above it might be checking into the Default database repository ( * document class) therefor you are not getting any errors. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Setting up Shared repositories can be hard, because several things needs to work. Firstly, the username and password for the user set on the repository must be correct and that user need to have write access to the folder. Furthermore, any firewalls need to allow the network traffic and internal network settings in the container/cluster need to be correct as well.

It sometimes helps to have the Aurena Agent enabled when trying to check-in from the Document Revision page. When it fails you might get a more detailed error message.

This has been discussed here several times, perhaps you can find clues in other posts and replies as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

PS. This is Remote deployment, right?