Question

Import and export

• 15 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone else use IFS for their customs documentation.

We are looking at using IFS for our import and export documents and was wondering if anyone else uses for this purpose.

thank you

Yvette Clarke

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Yvette 

Giving further more details of the business use case will be helpful for you to get a specific answer. Import and export documents means importing documents to IFS docman?

Thanks

Badge +1

We are hoping that we can use IFS to create our export and import documentation, such as commercial invoices, packing lists for customs etc, and wondered if anyone uses the system for this purpose.

We are in the UK and now have to create customs documentation as an outside EU country, so are looking to use the IFS system to generate the documents instead of using external software which is time consuming.

Thanks

Yvette

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Yvette 

with export you mean downloading of reports and other documents from IFS?

And with import you mean to attach documents to any objects like customer order, purchase order etc.?

Badge +1

Hi

Yes, I was wondering if IFS has the capability to produce commercial invoices (separate document to the sales invoice) to send with the shipment for customs/border control purposes

Kr

Yvette

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Yvette ,

We’ve looked at using the Proforma invoice option, we use shipments to despatch our goods, also UK based with EU customers. 

Instead of the Proforma Invoice, we actually print off the Sales Shipment Invoice. We have used a combination of report rules to choose which layout (all our reports are Crystal Reports) and document text. We also use an event based on shipment type to tell accounts that invoice needs raising.

We do however for other customers still have to do manual paperwork but this is for countries like Turkey where we need stamps from chamber of commerce but fortunately this is low volume. 

Hope that helps, Sarah

Badge +1

Hi @sholmes 

This is very useful, thank you.

Could I ask, does the Sales Shipment Invoice give you all the relevant customs information needed, such as country of origin, EORI number, commodity code etc.

Thanks

Yvette

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Yvette ,

Country of origin we have a statement on document text with our exporter number and that it originates from ourselves unless stated and then it uses the information on the inventory part.

For commodity code I have created a custom page where all our used commodity codes are put. The inventory part then has a custom field that picks from this page.

Pink is standard in Apps9 (what we use) and the yellow is the custom fields I created.

Our EORI number is hard coded on the report and any specific text for customers we use the document text on the part or the shipment depending on what is required.

This is then pulled into a crystal report that we have have written

Hope that helps you more, Sarah

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Yvette

Here’s a screen shot of the top part of our sales invoice