Solved

IFS Cloud Macros in IFS Document Management

• 7 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I am trying to enable macros for MS Word from Demo Showroom environment 22R2. I have copied my macros from an environment also 22R2 that works - but in my demoshowroom environment - the IFS Fields are not appearing in MS Word

I noticed that I got a message that Macros has been blocked. But after having enabled all macros in the MS Word Trust Center - the IFS fields are still not vissible for insert in the document.

Any tips must appreciated :-)  This is for a very important demo and this is a key scenario for the customer

/kim

icon

Best answer by Amila Samarasinghe 10 May 2023, 16:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @kibsdk 

Make sure you have installed Aurena Agent (AA) and it is working as expected. AA is needed in order for macros to be exected in Aurena client. Also before running any complex macros, always make sure that the macros are working as expected by running a simple macro. (Ex. A simple script with a message box)

BR

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Amila

I have installed Aurena Agent, but it is actually not working as expected. Usually Aurena Agent helps open eg. a word document, when you press edit, but it does not for me..

I do not get any errors when installing the agent - or when trying to use it. And it says it is installed OK in my User Settings form.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @kibsdk 

Testing the AA by editing a word doc would not be the best way as there could be a broken macro script that is running when the word is checked out for edit which prevents the opening of the document. you can do the same test by disabling macros for the given class or try to view a PDF file (Less chance of a macro being intervened). If AA still does not work, try to re install it and also make sure you have enabled the browser extension. Also, if you are testing from Chrome, try doing the same from Edge as well 

BR

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you for the tip - testing my AA now without macros - and it works as it should.

So I guess it is :

• either the macro scripts - but the same scripts run in another IFS Cloud environment and works there
  • Or it is Macro security .. I got a message previously that Macros had been blocked. Then I tried to enable all macros to run in the MS Word Trust Center - and now the message is not appearing anymore but still the macros does not seem to work
Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@kibsdk best way to figure out would be to add message boxes in the macro code here and there and figure out from which line of code the execution breaks. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Amila - not sure how to do that.. but I found a set of macros that was working and now I got my macros up and running..

If you have a macro code example with message boxes - please share. It is probably not the last time I end up in this scenario..

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Had a look in to the issue with @kibsdk and there were macros running inside word document other than Docman macros and probably those macros were causing permission problems. 

Issue was solved after clearing everything in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache as well as the browser cache. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Amila - not sure how to do that.. but I found a set of macros that was working and now I got my macros up and running..

If you have a macro code example with message boxes - please share. It is probably not the last time I end up in this scenario..

Our documentation for macros has such an example and I think someone even posted the same or a similar example here.