Question

How to Send TO: mail address using Aurena Agent with PDF attachment

• 17 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi All,

We created a command button called “Email Quotation” in the Sales Quotation window. Once the user presses the command button, the system will open up the new outlook mail attached with the relevant sales quotation report pdf. At the moment this is working fine. For the solution I used “agentcall DownloadAndSend” function.

New mail TO: user email address is missing

The problem is we can't pass the “To” mail address using this Aurena agent call. 

DownloadAndSend(odata, filename, subject, body, (setreadonly, overwritereadonly));

As you can see above in the function, we can only use email body & subject.

Is there any possible way to do this using Aurena Agent?

Also, I checked all the other Aurena Agent API commands but cannot find the relevant API call which is similar to my requirement.

/Isuru.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

As you found out, the Aurena Agent does not allow sending in the To/recipient. That could be added, in theory, but it's not there now.

What you can do is to use the Aurena Agent to execute a Docman macro and have the macro open Outlook. It's much more involved (and a document must exist, since macros need a document to get attributes to be used in the macro), more setup is needed, but it can be done. If you want to try that, have a look at how we execute macros in Docman using the Aurena Agent.

Good luck!