Solved

How to handle/access attachments with a workflow or reporting rule

• 21 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I am attempting to access attachments for shipments (I added the ability to store attachments on shipments, and for shipments to pull attachments from Customer Orders that have attachments as well). 

What would be the best process for accessing these attachments? An API call via a workflow, or a reporting rule?

I have tried accessing them via a workflow that utilizes the api call “GetFileExtList(DocType):String” but handling the output is something I’m not familiar with as the documentation does not cover this scenario. 

I have looked into reporting rules but I am not sure if it’s possible to print attachments automatically when the report “shipment delivery note” is printed.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by bdoucette 25 April 2023, 16:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

What does accessing mean here, and what's the end goal? Is it printing them? If yes, where? What are the file types used?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

Yes, Printing them is my end goal, mainly through a workflow. I’d like it so whenever shipment delivery note has been printed for a shipment, the customer order attachments for the shipment are printed as well. 

I have one specific printer where I’d like these attachments to print. The file types will be PDFs

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Sadly the method in which I was attempting to print off these attachments, ‘GetMacroInfo’ with the process set to ‘PRINT’ was not able to access the aurena agent, resulting in these attachments not being able to be printed. 

The solution I’m going with is just to alert the user with a user task to let them know that an attachment is on the shipment that needs to be manually printed off.

This works for our business as we only have these attachments once a week, so this is not a huge issue.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

The Aurena Agent can only be used from Marble/client code and that is not the context in which a workflow is executing today.

If this can be done at all, it needs to be done on the server in some way, possibly abusing the report/print agent to print the PDF files.