Solved

How to add other, or more information on card view ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, 

Is it possible to add more information to these documentcards? For example, status of the document. document class, alternate document number and so on.

/Linda

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 5 April 2022, 20:40

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

We could add more fields in core, for sure, if there is room for them (in a later release). You can do it as a customization. If you can also do it with configuration (custom fields) I cannot say. I think attachments in general cannot be configured like that yet. Would you know, @Martin Abrahamsson?

We also want to add a list view, where we have room for more information. Perhaps for 22R2, perhaps later.

Badge +1

Configuration is not possible as of now, because the Attachment Panel is not available in the Page Designer.

/Martin

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks Martin!

Then the options are:

• IFS adds more fields to the cards, and/or enable the list view mode. See earlier comments.
  • You do a classic customization of Attachments / Documents.

Did we answer your question, @LindaK?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, 

When can we get the list view mode ?:-)

Br

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

:-)

See earlier reply.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

😅 Sorry I was a little quick in asking the question.

Then we look forward to 22R2. I hope the change comes then.

/Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@LindaK

For sure, hope for 22R2, but be prepared it might come later.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

(comment deleted)

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

How do we (or the customer) go about letting IFS know the importance of this to the customer, and what fields are most important to them? My first assumption would be status since a key tenant of document control is status, but of course the customers will have the best input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

How do we (or the customer) go about letting IFS know the importance of this to the customer, and what fields are most important to them? My first assumption would be status since a key tenant of document control is status, but of course the customers will have the best input.

I would say the Idea section here on IFS Community is the place that we have.

What fields are important for any given context/scenario/user can, I think, differ a lot. If we take status as an example, I have heard all sorts of stories, from customers who thinks it is critical to those who don’t care and keep everything in Preliminary.

One solution could be to add “all” fields. We tried that in IEE, kinda worked I guess. Field by field though, performance degrades a little bit, especially when people want fields that require us to join in data from other tables. And so it grows, slowly…

A problem (also a good thing) with something like Attachments / Documents is that it is so generic and supports so many scenarios, which makes it not work great for them all. Configuration would then be the main solution to that problem but, as we have seen here, the Attachment section simply cannot be configured on that level, yet.