Solved

Foundation1 Error appearing whenever attaching document

• 18 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Fellows,

Our client is getting below mentioned error whenever they are either creating new Document revision or attaching document to any other window. Its not allowing to move forward.

This error is appearing with every user. 

Can anyone help on this..

Regards

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 20 October 2021, 09:44

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

It's really hard to say, but I have two ideas:

1. Someone has been playing around with custom events and made a mistake there.
2. Someone tried to set up Document Defaults per Object (open the Document Basic form and go to the tab with that name, and find all records there) and made a mistake when setting up the rules.

Have a look and report back here.

/Mathias

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks @Mathias Dahl for your reply.

I have checked, there is only one record in Document Defaults per object tab, and it’s not an issue (i have checked).

Regarding Custom event point you made, how can custom event impact this thing (please explain as i have no idea about it) and how to identify this thing as there can be many custom events and actions. Can this error occur even if event is working fine?

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Mirali 

Perhaps someone though that they could use the #USER# placeholder somewhere in an event action, but that is not supported for what they try to do?

Just as an example, if I had an event action of the type Execute Online SQL, where you can write PL/SQL code, and if I were using '#USER#' as the value for user ID in some procedure call, that would surely fail.

You might be able to find more clues if you enable/open the Debug Console before you try the operation that fails.

Good luck!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Mathias Dahl you were right about the custom event thing, I checked it and its working fine now.

Thanks a ton.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Great!

Care to share any details, or might that be embarrassing for someone? … :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Surely, it will be embarrassing for someone but all i can say is that it was due to an incomplete event which was action enabled.. So i get it corrected and then enabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

That’s good to hear, thanks for reporting back.