Solved

Error in Viewing the document attached

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi all 😊,

The customer has a problem with previewing attachments in APP10 Aurena. This is a widespread issue in many fields. When you click the preview button, and error message displays as below.

The problem affects all users.

The strangest thing is that the preview of the same attachments works in Enterprise Explorer, so it is not a problem of permissions or incorrect paths.

Relevant technical logs are in attached files.

Any idea on how to fix this issue is highly appreciated.

Product Version: UPD15

Thank You 😊

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 13 March 2024, 10:02

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

Is this issue only there for the preview button or is it there for all file operations (Edit, View/Download) ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Asitha Rajapaksha ,

Thank you for the response. Customer says the error is when clicking the preview button. I’ll discuss with the customer and get back to you.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

It sounds strange if it is only the “preview” that fails, because the files are downloaded in the same way regardless if that command is used or if we use the download command.

I think the error is quite clear:

The server simply cannot find the file that it is asked to fetch. The error message should be viewed from the application server's point of view.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

Thank you for the response 😊

If the issue is for all file operations (Edit, View/Download) can it be fixed through known investigations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Aravinda.Pr 

From the error, it looks like the Shared repository has not been setup properly. The error message is very clear. The file cannot be found. Either the file is not there, or the path/share is wrong, or not available.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

Thank you for your prompt reply. 😊

We’ve checked the repositories in both environments(IEE and Aurena) and the path shoes as xxx-doc\16

It appears that in the error displayed, the reference to the file path is missing the '16' component, specifically indicated as "xxx-doc\doc. class." I'm curious whether this format is a common way of presenting such error messages, given the absence of the '16', or if there might be a way to address this path issue.

Additionally, I've noticed that while the document can be previewed without any errors in .pdf format, the error consistently occurs in all other file types tested.

Interestingly, within the IEE repository, the same path displays without error and allows viewing and downloading in all file types. This suggests that there may not be an issue with the file types or shared repositories involved. Could there potentially be a missing component or parameter that you're aware of which could be contributing to this discrepancy?

I appreciate your kind attention to this matter and look forward to any insights or suggestions you may have. 😊

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I cannot say why "16" is not there... 

Do you have access to the database? If so, have a look at what's in the Path attribute of the EdmFile entity. It will get the path value from the basic data when a file is uploaded against a document revision.

Anyway... It's interesting that it works in IEE and not Aurena. I cannot explain that. It's the same application server that downloads the files.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

Thank you for guiding towards resolving the issue. As indicated by the error, the file path is missing the '16' component, and upon observation, we found the files located in the shared folder 16.

Therefore,

1. Navigated to Document Management > Basic Data > EDM Basic > Repository Address and User.
  2. Added the relevant address, including the pathway with '16', and included the Repository User ID and Repository Password

And the documents could be accessed without any error.

Thank you 😊 Cheers 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Aravinda.Pr 

I'm glad the problem is sorted out 🙂 So the problem was that the path in the repositories tab did not match what's under the user and password tab?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Aravinda.Pr

I'm glad the problem is sorted out 🙂 So the problem was that the path in the repositories tab did not match what's under the user and password tab?

Yeah of course 😊