Question

Enable document between Sales Part and Sales Quotation

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Community,

When a document had been attached in the Sales Part, it got reflected in the Customer Order - Order Lines.

See the following Screenshot for more details.

How could I enable the same functionality from the above screenshot but from Sales Part to Sales Quotation - Quotation Lines Tab? See the following screenshot for more details.

Thanks,

JL

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

It’s set up in Object Connection Transformations

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

… although “OrderQuotationLine” doesn’t appear to be available as Source...

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Target not Source...

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks so much @PRODQ

I was able to create the Object Connection Transformation. However, I cannot see the result yet. I cannot see the documents from Sales Part

I found the OrderQuotationLine as Target LU Name.

I also refreshed the cache for Object Connection.

Any idea or advise to fulfill my goal?

Thanks,

JL

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Did you test it?  If you highlight and RMB you have a “Test Transformation” option.  Also, check “Edit Transformation” and this will show you what fields are available to be added in the Transformation Method.  You might find the OrderQuotationLine relates to the Supplier Request for Quote rather than Sales Quotation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @PRODQ 

Thank so much one more time.

I tested the Object Connection Transformation and the result was “TEST SUCCESSFUL”. However, I cannot still see the documents.

Am I missing something else? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@PRODQ 

Thanks so much for your help one more time.

I test the results and it shows “Test Successful” any idea why is not populating the documents in the Sales Quotation - Quotation Line ? I already refreshed the cache too.

In your previous post you wrote

“ You might find the OrderQuotationLine relates to the Supplier Request for Quote rather than Sales Quotation.”

Could you provide me an screenshot of the page “Supplier Request for Quote” ?

Thanks,

JL

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA ,

Did you try restarting the application ? Sometimes it works after restarting. Otherwise, all the settings seem to be correct, and you should get the results I think.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@ThushAsanka  I restart the application in my computer and I still have the same results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@PRODQ

Thanks so much for your help one more time.

I test the results and it shows “Test Successful” any idea why is not populating the documents in the Sales Quotation - Quotation Line ? I already refreshed the cache too.

Although it says Test Successful, it might not mean what it should mean. I think it means that the transformation worked in the sense that nothing broke. But, as you can see, there are no values for the attributes/columns of the Source Key, so the transformation did NOT work, and will therefore not work under Attachments/Documents either.

Are you sure the mapping is correct there in Transformation Method? Is Target.CATALOG_NO the same as Source.Sales Part Number, for example? If they are, I think you need to use a syntax like this: A=B,B=C, as can be seen in other transformation methods. You can only leave out the “=” if the columns in source and target are the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA ,

Did you try restarting the application ? Sometimes it works after restarting. Otherwise, all the settings seem to be correct, and you should get the results I think.

When you have enabled a new LU for document connections, they I think you need to restart. But if you just changed a transformation rule, I think you only need to refresh/reload the form. As I remember it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Supplier Request for Order Quotation - sits in Procurement