Solved

Download document unavailable with service user

• 5 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Dear IFS Community,

To set up an interface we need to download the documents associated with a business object.
No problem to do this with an End User , however, when we try to download a document with a Service User (user type = Service User) it does not work.

Here is the message displayed :
{"error":{"code":"ODATA_PROVIDER_ERROR","message":"An internal server error occurred. Contact administrator.","details":[{"code":"PROJECTION_IMPL_EXCEPTION","message":"Error when reading the file: You do not have view access to download this document."}]}}'

The service user has all the accesses, like the end user with whom everything was ok.

Did somebody have you ever seen this problem?

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 6 June 2023, 15:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

When you say the service user have the same access, do you also mean the access as defined under Document Revision / Access? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

I meant Permissions Set, sorry I wasn’t specific.

We try this on a document without Restricted Access option enabled.
I guess we cannot add a Service User on document access settings because there is no Person linked to a Service User to my knowledge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I'm afraid a person is needed, since that's what all document access is based on (you can of course modify the business logic to overcome this, but you probably want to avoid that). Are you sure you can't connect a person to the service user?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

I was wrong, we can create a person linked to a service user.
I checked this with your last comment and that fixed the problem, thanks a lot!

You probably right, document access is based on person.
Even if there is no restriction access on the document, IFS need a person to make the control.

Thanks we fixed the problem, document download is available with a Service User linked to a person.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Restricted Access means you need at least View access in order to even list/see the document record. In order to view the attached file you need View access as well. It's all described in the online documentation 🙃