Solved

DOCUMENT_TICKET_TEMP_PATH clean up

• 5 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Does anyone (I am looking at @Mathias Dahl  😁 here) know whether files in the app server are deleted / cleaned up on a regular basis.

The app server file path is defined under DOCUMENT_TICKET_TEMP_PATH of “document default values”

Reason for questioning this is, I’ve written an event action based on PDF_REPORT_CREATED job to unpack documents connected to a Purchase Order / Line and email it as an attachment to along with the purchase order. I don’t want the system to clog up by storing temp files in the App Server.
Thanks in Advance! Malik

icon

Best answer by Amila Samarasinghe 6 March 2023, 08:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @malik.sally 

Temporary tickets are deleted from DOCUMENT_TICKET_TEMP_PATH once after it is used, so that no ticket backlog will be created. But if in any case there are documents remains in DOCUMENT_TICKET_TEMP_PATH, then you can schedule a database task with method "delete_old_tickets" in the "batch_transfer_handler_api" and provide the parameter SCHEDULED_HOURS [SCHEDULED_HOURS is a parameter to distinguish the tickets to be deleted. So all the tickets older than the scheduled hours will get deleted]

Thanks and Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks @Amila Samarasinghe for your quick response. This helps.