Solved

Document Revisions: status Checked Out

• 27 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Good Morning - Our managers review and Approve Work Record Sheets via Document Management>Document Revision. Prior to the Work Record Sheet being approved the status of the document is at Checked-In, however we have found that there are occasions when the document has presented at status Check-Out, which doesn't permit the document to be  approved. Can anyone advise why the document would  default to Checked-Out status? Thank you. Dave

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 27 July 2022, 11:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If we refer the “History” tab of the said Document Revisions, we would be able to get a good understanding of  this. Most possibly how it had been defaulted to “Check Out”.  Could you post us an image of History for one of the said Document Revisions? 

One situation I can think of is. When creating a New Document there are 2 options, “Create” & “Create and Edit” . If someone uses the 2nd option, the Document is defaulted to Check Out until it is being Checked In manually.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Can you please advise how the history can be reviewed on a PDF. Work Record sheet. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Can you please advise how the history can be reviewed on a PDF. Work Record sheet. Thank you

I’m sorry for not being clear. History is available on the IFS Document Revision window. (Not with the PDF.).

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Many thanks for your reply - I have attached a Historical screen shot of the doc which appears as Checked Out - I have recently updated the doc to Checked in to allow the manager to approve. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Many thanks for your reply - I have attached a Historical screen shot of the doc which appears as Checked Out - I have recently updated the doc to Checked in to allow the manager to approve. Thank you.

Good to have a look on that. By my best understanding, you have used the 2nd option I have mentioned above when creating the document so that it automatically checkout for editing. . Please see the image below, 

Avoid such a situation, you could use “Create” option instead “Create and Edit” 

OR

Make sure to Check In the document back.

Hope this will help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thank you for your support - very much appreciated.

Regards

Dave