Question

Document Revision - Multiple Sheets - Connect to Object

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

After I create a Document with Multiple sheets, and I want to connect all the sheets to an Object, I have to manually connect all sheets to the Object. 

I can utilize the Document Revisions screen and select all the sheets for the Document Revision and the Connect to an Object.  

If Document Sheet 1 is already connected, and I create new sheets after the connection, I can connect automatically using the New Sheet Wizard. 

Is there a way I can connect Document Sheet 1 to an Object using the Connect Object button on the Document Revision screen and all the other sheets are automatically connected to the Object?

Our process is to load all the sheets first and then connect to the Object.

Thanks,

Gregg

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Greg,

I think you have found the most efficient way to connect all the sheets to one object:

1. In the Document Revisions screen, find all sheets by searching on the document number
2. Select all records (use the "Select all" toggle to the left)
3. Use the Connet to / An Object command

I don't think this is too bad, but then again I guess it depends how often you need to use this and how many objects you want to connect.

If this is something that your users are doing, consider using a custom event + custom event action that, upon connecting an object to a sheet, and if there are multiple sheets for that document, then the same object can be connected to all sheets. Should not be too hard, perhaps a few hour's of work.

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks Matthias.  

The Customer is trying to avoid any custom events.  

I will proceed using the Document Revisions screen to attach multiple sheets.

Gregg

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

As a general rule, it's not a bad idea to avoid custom events or anything "custom", and try to adjust your work processes to work with the system, and ask for new features to be added if you think you have a need that other customers might have as well. Sometimes though, the right custom event or custom field can do wonders 🙂

Anyway, they/you now know the options available.

If you have any follow-up questions or just want to share with us what path you decided to take in the end, don't hesitate to post back here.

Good luck!